Sprint Hero Enduro Racing Series FAQs
Q: What is Sprint Hero Endurance Racing?
A: Motocross and off-road racing against the clock! Basically we take about 6 miles of the most fun sections of motocross, single track and sand sections that event location has to offer and make separate and full length loops out of them. You are racing against the clock, not head to head like normal. AND PIN IT TO WIN IT!
Q: How does it work?
A: You will line up individually at the start line and take off. 30 seconds later another racer takes off. You go as fast as you can for the entire race loop until you come through the finish line. Then you take a break and wait for your turn to go again. You will get approximately 60 minutes of riding per day with each test lasting 5-6 “test” loops. The racer in each class that has the lowest total time on course over the two days is the winner.
Q: Who can do it?
A: Anyone. You don’t have to be in great shape for this format. The longest you will ride at full speed is about 10 minutes. We think you can do that. There is an old saying…”I may not be as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was!”
Q: What is the cost?
A: For two days of racing it cost: $80/Youth, $90/Adult, $100/Pro. This also includes your transponder. There is gate fees at each track which should run $10 per person per day and camping is charged if you decide to camp. You don’t have to race both days but to earn points for the race weekend you will need to race both days.
Q: Do I have to have a membership?
A: No membership required! No day pass fees at all. You will be able to run your own 1-3 digit number as well. (0-999)
Q: Is it fun?
A: Oh heck yeah. You get to ride hard for short times and bench race in between and tell stories of how fast you are. Just remember, the clock does not lie.
Q: Do I have to keep my own time?
A: Nope, since you are issued a transponder by us it will keep track of your total track time. It starts your timing when you leave the start line and stops it when you come through the finish.
Q: Is there Special Test?
A: No, each time you leave the start line you pin it to win it.
Q: How do I find out more info?
A: Go to SprintHeroRacing.com or shoot us an email at info @ offroadsportsllc . com
Q. How do I mount my Transponder?
A: Click here for PDF mounting instructions. For your race to be scored properly, it is very important that you mount your transponder correctly! Please download the pdf for images on how to correctly mount your transponder. (NOTE: Zip Ties provided by ORS are a COURTESY ONLY. ORS does NOT guarantee the security or integrity of the zip ties. It is the responsibility of the racer to secure the Transponder to their bike using additional measures if necessary. Lost or damaged transponders are the responsibility of the racer and will be charged accordingly.)
Q. I took my transponder home with me! How do I return it?
A: It happens! For detailed instructions, please visit the Transponder Return page.
Q. What safety gear is required?
A. All riders must have a helmet, goggles, gloves, pants, long-sleeve shirt and boots that go over the ankles. Chest protectors are not required but are recommended.
Q. Do you accept checks or credit cards?
A. We do accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express for entry fees. All CC transactions have a 3% processing fee. We accept cash. We do not accept checks.
Q. If my child (under 18) goes to the races with a friend what will they need?
A. They must have your permission first and a completed minor release. You can download the form here.
Q: What classes will be available?
|Open A||251cc and over 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke|
|Lites A||122cc-250cc 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke|
|Vet A 30+||122cc-Open|
|Open B||251cc and over 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke|
|Lites B||122cc-250cc 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke|
|Vet B 30+||122cc-Open|
|Open C||251cc and over 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke|
|Lites C||122cc-250cc 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke|
|VET C 30+||122cc-Open|
|Supermini 12-15||79-112cc 2-Stroke; 75-150cc 4-Stroke Max. Wheels: Front 19″; Rear 16″. Big wheel and small wheel models permitted.|
|85cc 12-15||79-85cc 2-Stroke; 75-150cc 4-Stroke Max. Wheels: Front 17″; Rear 14″. Small wheel models only.|
|85cc 7-11||79-85cc 2-Stroke. Wheels: Front 17″; Rear 14″. Small wheel models only.|
|65cc 7-11||65cc 2-Stroke Max. Wheels: Front 14″; Rear 12”|
|Youth Bike||7||65/85cc 2-Stk|
GENERAL RULES. (Always consult online rule book for current, detailed and latest updates.) It is the racer’s responsibility to understand and know the current rule book.
- Off road racing is a hazardous sport, and with participation being voluntary, no entrant, pit crew member or vehicle sponsor shall have any claim for damages, expenses, lawsuits or otherwise against promoter, track operator, ORS LLC., its officers, agents or directors arising from damage to any vehicle, personal injury or death, monetary loss of any kind whatsoever. Entrants, pit crew members or vehicle sponsors who voluntarily participate in any racing activities conduct under these rules, waive any claim they may have against promoter, track operator, ORS LLC its officers, agents or directors.
- The promoter or track operator may run any type of approved ORS LLC event.
- The director shall have the authority to penalize, disqualify and/or suspend any entrant or crew member for the violation of these rules including special rulings.
- ORS LLC may issue special rulings to account for conditions presented by the location of the race, the condition of the course or any other circumstance.
- Supplementary regulations may be issued for each event as necessary to amend, suspend or modify existing rules and regulations.
- ORS LLC assumes no responsibility whatsoever for delays, postponements and/or cancellations of all or part of an event because of inclement weather, unsafe course conditions and/or any other reason.
- ORS LLC members are not employees of ORS LLC. ORS LLC members assume all responsibility for all charges, premiums and taxes payable on any funds they may receive as a result of their participation in any ORS LLC sponsored event(s).
- ORS LLC. reserves the right to refuse and/or deny any entry application.
- Mini bike riders must be on a 100cc or larger bike and possess an A-expert ability level ORS LLC competition card to be eligible to ride in the big bike classes.
- Displacement modifications are legal by boring and stroking a motor to increase displacement within the guidelines per class. Boring down to decrease displacement is strictly prohibited.
- No rider is permitted to carry gasoline except for within the machine’s fuel tank.
- Safety equipment and machine eligibility are the sole responsibility of the rider.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PIT RIDING ALLOWED AT ANY EVENT.